Thursday, October 30, 2008

Payback

When you have a sister that can knit like the wind, you sometimes take advantage of her. You order yarn and have it delivered directly to her house. Then you email her and say "my kids need hats". You never ask "Hey, are you busy?". Sometimes you feel guilty about that, because when it comes to utility, none of your talents can begin to compete. So you think "utility be damned, I'll make her something pretty." Thanks, Sarah.


I obviously need my other sister to take the photos, because the colors are much prettier in real life. They're very fall-y sparkly crystals. Also, please note that the model is a 6 year old. The circle frame beads are dime-sized, not quarter-sized.

4 comments:

crosenfe said...

Beautiful! Very tasteful! Nice craftsmanship.

Sarah said...

Ooooh.....that is so pretty. I hope I can wear it to HSM 3 on Sunday.

mary-claire said...

That's so pretty! And very Sarah. I love it! So..... can we work out some sort of trade?

Kathleen said...

I'm up for a trade! Let's work out the details at Thanksgiving!