Tuesday, December 23, 2008

12+ years of cross-stitching


In 1996 I graduated from college and prepared to move to Ohio for grad school. I told my mother that I'd like to give counted cross stitch a try. So she went out and bought me a pattern, some floss, and even prepared the aida (sp?) cloth for me so I could make 12 little decorative thingys for her. Earlier this week I finished them. Here are the final four, October through January. I included a shot of the "wrong" side, as that's where Kathy looks first. Ah, completion...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That's the wrong side? I'm very impressed. Kathleen may have some cross-stitch competition!

Unknown said...

Such beautiful work! Lovely.

Kathleen said...

These are beautiful, and you do wonderful work. Very nice!

Morgan said...

Deirdre... Have you ever seen the embroidered "Ghoulies and Ghosties" thing I made for Tucker's baptism??? Yeah, I started it when Susan was pregnant with ANNIE!!!

Gotcha beat! LOL At least we FINISH our projects!!!

Annie said...

Very impressive. I never would have guessed that was the wrong side. I hope Kathy is enjoying 12 long years of labor.