Thursday, April 16, 2009

Art Wires


In an effort to get the piles of artwork off the fridge (or mostly the floor near the fridge), I put wires across the rumpus room in the basement. The art is no longer blocking my path, but it puts off the tearful fight with my dramatic son when I try to throw the lamest little piece away. After it's in the basement for a couple weeks, he doesn't notice, unless he sees me take it down. It takes up a lot of room, but the faux wood paneling is pretty ugly, so I don't mind.
Ok, so some of you may not consider this a craft. But I did have to *make* it. And my standards are low.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I say if you made it, it's a craft. I may copy this - how did you do it?

Also, that meltdown if something gets thrown away doesn't seem to go away. It happens daily here. I've taken to getting rid of things in the middle of the night. I love my kids, but lame is lame.

Sarah said...

I think it's a great idea. I may use it in my tiny hallway to display photos.

Morgan said...

AWEsome idea!!! And, Sarah, I love your Grown-Up use too! It most certainly is a CRAFT!!! Or maybe we should call this the CREATIVE Cousins!

The fits when throwing lame and useless things away DOESN'T end! I have that problem with CAROL!!!

Annie said...

Umm, I put two nails and wound some wire around both ends. I'm just using clothes pins, so it's not very heavy.

I think this would be cool with photos, especially if you had cooler clips.

Interestingly, the wire I used was from Chris's childhood desk. So maybe Tucker comes by his hoarding skills honestly.

Heidi said...

Binder clips work great for this too.

Sorry I came here through Kathleen's blog and this is definitely a craft. I love how crafty this family is I wish I had half the talent.