Saturday, December 12, 2009

tulle academy

Last night after happy hour I headed over to my new favorite store. My friend Ang has two daughters and fell in love with the tutus they had for sale there. They were pretty expensive and I could figure out how to make them just by looking at them. Instead of shelling out $45 each we went to Hobby Lobby.

For $35 and 1 hour (well, 3 hours counting the time spent in line at Hobby Lobby) we were able to make two beautiful tutus. It was especially fun because Ang is not a crafter, but making these convinced her to take a sewing class with me next year.

4 comments:

mary-claire said...

so cute! i'm racking my brain how i could work one of these into my wardrobe.

Kathleen said...

Very cute! Don't you love it when you figure out how to make something like that?

Deirdre said...

I'm picturing something in green for me to sport next St. Patrick's Day... Well done Sarah!

Annie said...

Nice work! I bet the kids loved them.