Wednesday, December 9, 2009

snowflake garland


I'm hosting a big Christmas movie watching potluck on Sunday and was looking for ways to decorate without having to buy anything. I came across this idea on the internet and am really happy with how it turned out! I just cut out snowflakes from old magazines and junk mail and then sewed them all together with an embroidery needle and some red thread. It was a little time consuming, but the payoff is that I am now a freaking whiz at paper snowflakes. Seriously, I'm accepting challenges if any of you are takers!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful! Have a good party.

Kathleen said...

Those are great! I'm impressed at the complexity. Mine would be um, more papery, less airy, lacy flakes. You are awesome!

Deirdre said...

Gorgeous! Very creative, and bonus points for a non-tacky seasonal decoration.

crosenfe said...

Wow! If you didn't have a picture (and if I didn't know you), I wouldn't believe you at all that they were redeeming to the eye. But they are wonderful! Nice work, Miss Industrious!

Annie said...

These are beautiful! I'm impressed.