Sunday, January 24, 2010

A lunch set

So I've kind of been on a mission to find fabric that's a bit more "water" proof to use for snack bags. This may be it. I used PUL, which is normally used for diapers. I can't find it around here, so I ordered both a knit and a woven piece.

I made a snack bag and a sandwich wrap with the knit piece, and I'm happy with how both of them turned out. All of the directions I find specify woven PUL, so I'm thinking that may turn out even better. And I'm loving how the sandwich wrap is also kind of a placemat.

I still can't find that PUL is truly food safe, but I've justified it in my head that it's kinder than vinyl. Plus, these are for Sarah, so she can decide.










5 comments:

crosenfe said...

LOVE them! I am very impressed with the pirate design, too! Did you use a pattern?

mary-claire said...

That fabric is amazing.

Sarah said...

These are so cool! I may stop eating at my desk just so I can show them off.

Deirdre said...

Kathleen - you are a sewing genius! Where did you find this fabric?

Annie said...

These are awesome. I wanted to make something similar for Megan for Christmas to go with her lunch bag, but never got to it. And never saw such fantastic material. It looks so handy. Very cool.