Saturday, February 6, 2010

Stroller Bags

So I made these last year, but enough snow has finally melted that they're useful again. I can actually get the double stroller over a curb, without climbing Mt. Crap-People-Are-Too-Lazy-To-Shovel. They're like sleeping bags for the stroller, made of fleece and flannel, or cotton. Once again, from the stash, which I'm pretty pleased with. (Someday, I'll actually close my "overflow" rubbermaid.)

They're a weird shape, because I wanted them to be tuckable under and over the lap belt, but open wide enough to get snow boots into easily. The bottom layer has no flaps, and comes up far enough to go a tiny bit up the back of the seat. They work quite well. Double fleece probably would have been warmer, but my fleece selection isn't the most attractive.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

These are brilliant! I love that they work with boots. Great idea!

crosenfe said...

Very good work! I like the colors!

Sarah said...

I'm impressed. You are so good at sewing and making your own patterns.

Morgan said...

When we get foster babies I will want your pattern!!!

Unknown said...

These are remarkable! Where do you get your ideas and where did you get the great stash? And the toys were wonderful also.