Monday, March 8, 2010

Light-blocking curtain

We have French door in our bedroom, out to the rug porch. If anyone knows why they call it a rug porch, please share. I tell Tucker that's where you go to shake your rugs, and that seems weak, even to a five-year-old.
The door is nice during the day, but at night, lots of light comes in from the apartment building next door, and the street lights in the alley. Also, Chris can't sleep as soon as the sun comes up. And that annoys me, because if he doesn't sleep in the morning, he sleeps through the kids in the night. So I made a curtain.

It's not perfect, because I used a cloth light-blocker as a liner, instead of vinyl that really works. But it does block a lot of the light.

Here's a close-up of the fabric. Upholstery-weight Thai elephants. It was on sale.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Are you being super-productive lately or what? Nicely done! I kind of like the elephants.

crosenfe said...

I like them! I love buying fabric for curtains, and making them is okay enough, but nothing compares with my interior wooden shutters for light-blocking.

Unknown said...

you're right about the rug porch, even if you think it's lame.