Wednesday, June 25, 2008

blanket chest cover

So we use the blanket chest we got (when I got married, and became a valuable family member) as a changing table. Thus, I like to keep it waterproof and kick/hit/smash-proof. So I made a cover, using fabric I found in my stash. Not enough of anything, of course, to completely cover it, but whatever. It doesn't look great, but you should have seen it before, when it was haphazardly covered with one of Margy's old vinyl Christmas tablecloths. I really like the bug print, should have bought more when I found it.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

That bug print is so cute! Is it vinyl?

Sarah said...

I like both of the fabrics you used. It looks really cheery.

Annie said...

No, there's a vinyl underlayer (that's actually not on right now, since no one pees on it anymore. Someday, *sigh*). The vinyl layer is just Margy's old Christmas tablecloth.

Deirdre said...

Ooooh - do you change covers to coordinate with seasons or holidays??? Here's hoping I get your name for Christmas...