Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Shopping cart cover


I fully admit that I used to scoff at these. After all, I never needed one for Conor and Ellie. But then I remembered that there were two of them, and two don't fit in a shopping cart (except at Costco, but that's another story). And then one day when it was sprinkling, a very helpful gentleman wiped off a cart handle and seat for me at Target. With his handkerchief. After using it. Rowan, who never met anything he didn't want to eat was thrilled with the handle. So I decided we needed one of these.

I used a "Sewing for Dummies" pattern, as it's been awhile since I've sewed something not flat. I will never use a pattern from that series again if I can help it. If I didn't have some knowledge of how sewing worked, including the abiltity to think ahead to how it will go together, I would have given up.

Although the picture is shoddy, and it looks as though I tossed some material over the shopping cart, I am really happy with it. I could have made it less expensively, but I developed a crush on this flannel.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the fabric!

Annie said...

That fabric is beautiful. And now that I know it's flannel, I want to ride in your cart while you shop. It looks great.

Deirdre said...

Forget a crush, I want to enter into a lifetime monogamous committed relationship with this fabric. I hate to type it, but I can't wait for flannel season. Other than seersucker, cold weather gets the best material!