Friday, June 13, 2008

Knitting Pattern Search

So now that it seems that Brinda may really be coming home this summer, and since I will soon have updated measurements for her, I want to knit her something. This http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATTanouk.html is kind of what I'm looking for - a simple dress, that can grow with the kid from jumper to tunic. Anybody know a pattern similar to this, but cute? Or recommendations on how to make this one cute? I'm thinking maybe one great color, no flowers?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I think that is totally cute as is, but here are a couple of patterns for you to play with: http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/baby-child/cotchen_girls_jumper.html (using bulky yarn, not chenille, of course), http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/kwes-knitJumper.html

There are cuter ones on Ravelry, but they are pay to download, and I assumed you wanted free (as I go with free).

Kathleen said...

I have to agree with Sarah, it's darling the way it is. And as a non-knitter, I'm impressed with either that one or the first one Sarah suggested. (Assuming there's no chenille involved).

crosenfe said...

I think it's really cute, but not in the "cutesy" kind of way.

Annie said...

Maybe I'll just try the Knitty one, but without the pockets. It seems a bit busy for me, but maybe that's just because it's on a lump of a baby.

Thanks for hte other suggestions, Sarah. You're right; I am looking for free. And I really like how the sides of the knitty one are adjustable, so it can grow. If I'm going to actually knit something, she better wear it for a while.

Kathleen said...

You should think about leaving the pockets. You're right, I think it looks busy because it's on a baby. On a walker, babbler it would be cute to have the pockets. And she'll be able to wear it at the age when pockets are way cool.