Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Skirts

So those Halloween pillowcases weren't from my stash, but I did use the leftovers! This is the Lazy Days Skirt from Oliver + S (link on the post title), which is simple but awesome because of how it uses ribbon to hem the bottom. I really like that it takes about 20 minutes to crank out a skirt (even if it still takes me a few days to get them done). Quick gratification, which is what I'm all about these days.


And since I have quite a few Halloween fabrics from making pillowcases for the kids and their cousins, there are a few of them. Bigger ones in the basement for next year, and more for friends. The skeleton one is actually from last year, and Brinda has been wearing it non-stop. Except before Halloween. Did I mention that neither of my children would wear these before Halloween, but now they are in rotation again? I have contrary children.


And here are more. I'm telling you, I really like this "pattern." It takes all of 1/3 of a yard of fabric, since I prefer them short and sassy.




4 comments:

Kathleen said...

That is such a great pattern! The ribbon hem is brilliant!!

I'm wishing more than ever that I had a kid who liked skirts.

crosenfe said...

I love them!

Sarah said...

I love them!

Deirdre said...

Yes, the skirts are super-cute. I want to know who's styling Brinda these days? That last photo is awesome. Leg-warmers? Excellent.