Monday, March 24, 2008

dressin' it up

This is the dress I made. It was a lot more challenging than the shirt, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. It has pockets in the front, and darts and a zipper in back! Thanks to Kathleen for answering my panicked interfacing questions, and to Mom for walking me through darts. I think I will make a couple more of them and wear them all summer. This one is made out of a really comfy lightweight linen, which I'm really digging.... and I don't know why I'm making that face in the picture.

6 comments:

Deirdre said...

This is gorgeous! I hope you're very proud. I'd be tempted to embroider "I made this dress" along the collar so that people would praise me all day. Where did you find your pattern?

Sarah said...

This dress looks even better in person. It makes me want to learn how to sew.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen said...

I am so impressed! It looks beautiful. I'm feeling a little crafting-impaired around here.

mary-claire said...

Thanks you guys! The pattern is a Simplicity one in this cool line called Built By You (from the Built By Wendy designer). They have tons of good patterns that I think I'll take advantage of. And plans for embroidering my initials on the collar are in the works.

Morgan said...

Mary-Claire! How professional yet comfy! It's PERFECT! You did a fabulous job! Congrats! I am impressed you can take instruction over the phone! I'd be in tears!