Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sew HOT

Is that a PAINED look or what???
Ugh! Don't ask a 3 and a half year old to smile!
I woke up today and it was HOT!
It was 84 degrees at 9 a.m.
I refused to look at the thermometer again!
Between long soaks in the pool and tall glasses of ice water
I made this dress...
I think it turned out CUTE despite the HORRIBLE
directions that came with it!
Also, according to their measurments,
I should have sewn an 8 for Mariah... This is a 5...
The straps were not supposed to "V" like they do...
I was supposed to overlap the back enough to put a button on it.
I have it overlapped 4 inches and ended up with 3 buttons!
Plenty of room to grow!
She can wear it to college!!!

5 comments:

Deirdre said...

This is adorable! Breezy-looking, cute and comfy - a perfect summer dress. Did you make a matching one for you???

Annie said...

CUTE! Forget Morgan, I'd like one for me.

Sarah said...

I want one too!

Kathleen said...

Deirdre's right - that's the perfect summer dress. Cute!

Morgan said...

Like Sarah, who knits if you send her the parts, I will sew for anyone who finances a project!

Annie, It would be SOOOO easy to do one for you! I haven't sewn for you since you were Mariah's age!

Sarah, I remember a story about you (age 2?), a sundress and missing panties... Are you SURE you want to try it again!? LOL