Monday, October 12, 2009

Lace Scarf


I'm new to lace. If you're into an intricate pattern and like working with size three needles, this is for you. If the people in your life enjoy hearing "I'll help you just as soon as I'm done with this row", this is for you. If you like knitting for hours and making 11 inches of progress, this is for you.

I gotta admit, I love the finished project, but lace isn't for me. Give me bulky weight yarn, size 10.5 needles, and a stockinette scarf or a simple rib. I don't want to think when I knit.

4 comments:

crosenfe said...

Pretty!!

Annie said...

When I first started reading this post, I thought "Sarah's going to wax poetic on the meditative joys of lace. It's like I don't even know her anymore." but then you pulled through in the end. It's beautiful, and you certainly have the skills to do lace. But I'm pleased you don't have the personality. Then you'd probably start wearing lots of large lace shawls, and keeping your own rabbits to spin yarn from. And someday you'd think - all that rabbit poop going to waste. I bet I could burn that to heat the house.

Deirdre said...

You can make 11 inches of progress on this scarf in a day???? I've been working on something similar for Claire for years. I think one day, after 5 hours I advanced 4 inches. Sarah, you are my knitting hero.

Annie, let's talk about burning poop for heat. I could get on board with that.

Kathleen said...

This is amazing. Very pretty! You know how sometimes you look at someone's ability, and all of a sudden you have not so much? Yeah, me either.

I can imagine going to Sarah's house and having to be careful where you step because she hadn't swept for fuel yet that day. As long as she shares...