Saturday, February 9, 2008

Did you know about this?

Last week at knitting group I was told about Ravelry.com. It's like MySpace for knitting and crocheting. I am on the waiting list now, and I am worried that it may consume my life once I'm admitted. They have groups for all sorts of knitters. My friend Amanda is a member of athiest knitters. They are currently doing a sign of the devil mittens knit along, based upon some hillarious confusion on the born again Christian knitters page (there is a mitten pattern with a pocked for your license and bus pass. Someone on the page thought that it was a flap so that people could expose their RFID implant. This confusion led them to believe that the rapture is upon us). There is also a great pattern finder, you can enter your yarn (weight, amount, etc.) and it will give you a list of patterns that fit it.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

So do you have to try out for it? Could they blackball you? You should totally get in. You're like, a legacy.

Deirdre said...

*giggle* Kathleen said "blackball." *giggle*