Monday, February 18, 2008

Hat Love


For Christmas I got Deirdre some alpaca. I loved it so much I also purchased some for myself. I love this hat. It's super soft. I finished it last night and I've already made 4 people feel it. I love how the colors changed at the right spot to make a weird swirly design.
I have made more ribbed caps than I can remember, at least a dozen. I recently switched patterns from Stich N' Bitch to One-Skein Wonders. The pattern uses a size 7 circular needle, and is very simple. It is what Annie would call playground knitting.

5 comments:

essjay said...

You knit that fast!! It looks great and I'm glad it is warm - we need warmth right now!

Kathleen said...

That is very pretty! I would like to touch it, please.

Deirdre said...

This hat is gorgeous! Do you remember how many stitches you cast on? I need a cozy alpaca hat of my own...

Sarah said...

I cast on 96 stitches on an 18" size 7 circ. We could have matching hats!

Annie said...

I really like the swirly stripes!