Thursday, December 6, 2007

Bust-ish Grocery Bag Bag


It's crocheted from cut-up plastic grocery bags, similar to the pattern in Bust last Christmas. Thanks to Deirdre for the pattern. It's actually quite strong, and feels neato.

I just finished this last night, and I can't decide if it's too ugly to give to Lori for Christmas. So please tell me. Then I'll give it to someone in Chris's family, who shall remain nameless, but subscribes to the "look! It's homemade! therefore it's nice" school of thought. I think it's a cool concept, but it may not have translated into cool object.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That is really cute, and you should totally give it to Lori for Christmas. It looks like Tucker would like one too, so maybe Santa can bring him one.

Kathleen said...

I vote in favor of giving it to Lori as well. Too cool to waste it.

Deirdre said...

This is AWESOME! It's kitchy, not ugly, and very useful. I want to try this, but I can't crochet. Any ideas?

Sarah said...

The best knitting pattern I've found for a plastic bag bag is at http://magknits.com/May07/patterns/rrr.htm it's not as cute as Annie's but I'm sure you could make it cool.