Friday, December 7, 2007

Look! I Felted!


Thanks to Sarah, I decided to create a felted pirate-pattern tote bag. Here's the pattern: http://www.helloyarn.com/bigskulltote.htm
As you can see from the photo, I cooked it a little too long in the washer and now it's about the size of a lunch sack.
I don't know that I'll try intarsia again; I had a hard time leaving enough slack off-color yarn. This project was not only my first felting and intarsia, but also my first i-cord. I don't think that I did that right AT ALL.
Plus, you should see how I totally screwed up the pirate pattern. I brought it in to the office to show off and someone asked me about my pac-man tote bag. Not good.
Next time 'round I should be supervised!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That person from your office wouldn't know what is awesome if awesome came up and hit her. I love the bag, the colors are fun, the pattern looks great, and the I-cord looks perfect. I think the small size is good, because if it is to be used as a handbag you wouldn't want anything larger than that. Large pirate bag = crazy, small pirate bag = kooky, there is a fine line between crazy and kooky and the smaller bag ensures that you will not cross it.

Annie said...

Your co-worker is either wicked dumb, or too young to recognize Pac-Man. I think it looks rockin'.

Kathleen said...

Pac-man? Are you kidding me? I think it's great. I especially love the color combo. I am all about neon lime green and hot pink these days. Who knew?