Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Advent Calendar


So I know it's after Christmas. And I know we have one already. But I saw and liked the idea for this earlier in December, just didn't want to spend money on it then. By waiting until after Christmas, as well as using my scrapbooking stash, I think I spent less than $4 on this - cookie sheet from the Dollar Tree, magnets and little ornaments from Hobby Lobby. Ellie and I did it in about two hours. It was actually a good one for her to participate in, once I let go of the picture I had in my head. Not every day has numerals on it, as we didn't have enough. I think that will work though, because whoevers day it is will just get to pick.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks great! I am impressed that it came together for less than $4. I like the idea of putting it on a cookie sheet, it makes it quite fancy.

Annie said...

I was going to say it's fancy looking, but Sarah beat me to the punch. But I'm impressed.

Deirdre said...

You not only made your own advent calendar, but shared a craft project with a child, and did so almost a year in advance? I worship at your altars of creativity, talent and patience...