Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fingerless Gloves



As I mentioned a few posts ago, it is really cold in my office. A co-worker and good friend of mine had been looking for a pair of fingerless gloves for a while, so I decided to make her some. The pattern is from the mittens book that Annie gave me at the knitting weekend in November. It was a confusing pattern to follow at first, but once I got the hang of it it went fast. They aren't knit in the round, so there is a lot of sewing involved. I think I'm going to make a few more pairs, as I've worn these to test them out and I love them.
UPDATE: I am keeping the gloves. I love them.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

You're going to make more, even with a lot of sewing? I'm impressed!

Deirdre said...

Typing from my mother's freezing basement, I wish I had these beaut's on right now!

mary-claire said...

can i tell you that they remind me of hobo's gloves? but in an awesome and complimentary way? can i do that?

Sarah said...

They are basically hobo gloves. Just because you can use your finger tips to open a can of baked beans to heat up over a fire and than eat straight from the can while keeping your hands warm doesn't mean they aren't cool.