Friday, January 11, 2008

Pretty Little Ruff


I work in a very cold office. A lot of people have space heaters at their desks, which blows the fuse shared with the printer. I like to use printers, so instead of heaters, I go with knit wear. Tired of wheeling my chair over my scarf, I decided to go with a neck wrap. It's from One-Skein Wonders. Instead of going with the recommended yarn I decided to go with purple. Why? Because I recently made a purple hat and had leftover yarn. Instead of going with a fancy yarn, I went with Vanna's Choice from Lion Brand. It is the Vanna White endorsed yarn that you can pick up at Hobby Lobby or Michael's. It is soft, and doesn't feel acrylic when working with it (it doesn't cut your hands). It is the perfect yarn for small, weird projects, that you aren't quite sure how much you are going to use; the yarn is cheap, soft, and comes in pretty colors.
The ruffle ended up floppier than the one in the book, but I kind of dig it. I feel a little bit like a Renaissance clown in it. I hope that doesn't mean I have to go to a Renaissance fair. I hate to admit it, but I kind of like how it looks with a wife beater (which I put on just for the photo shoot for the blog. My house is not warm enough to wear a tank top in it in January. I wanted it to look authentic and fashionable. Just for the record, that means that the only fashionable item I have in my wardrobe is a brown wife beater).

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Now that I've seen this on a good monitor, I love it. Very pretty color. I am so impressed with how quickly you can get things done.

Annie said...

You look Victorian, but in a good way. (Not counting the tank top, I mean.)

mary-claire said...

I really like this. Vanna and you did an excellent job making it. Who would have thought a neck ruffle would look so awesome?

Anonymous said...

Could you explain what WT means in the pattern? I photocopied it and forgot to look at the glossary! Thanks!!!