Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas wrapping


I too am aware it's after Christmas, but I'm very pleased with my Christmas wrapping. I've had the felt for two years now, and finally got it done. I love felt because I don't have to finish the edges.

Because I believe in ripping open presents, some of them are made with velcro connecting the pieces (including all the kids' ones, because I'm not a fun-hater). Then I got lazy, and the others are just tied shut. But some people don't tear the paper anyway...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the velcro, I think that would make a sound as satisfying as tearing paper when opening a present. I am in awe of your patience, the checkerboardy one is very detailed. What is up with people who don't tear open their presents? I will never understand them.

Kathleen said...

These are great. Did you sew for specific presents, or in kind of a general way for re-use? And I agree with Sarah on the sound - velcro may even be a tad more satisfying.

Annie said...

I hope I made them non-specific enough to use next year. We'll see. I may have to choose my presents by size and shape next year.

Kathy said...

Great idea! Especially if reuse. Could use any fabric available for any event.

Kathy

Deirdre said...

Note my mother's post and avoid gifting her anything wrapped in reusable felt. She's not so much a fun-hater as she is a thief.